Effective treatments for cancers are the topmost priority for modern bioscience pharmaceutical companies. Oncology is by far the most advanced amongst all segments in medicine. This seeks to come up with solutions for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of cancers. For oncology, you will need to have precision equipments to get rid of the cancerous cells, and pharmaceutical companies are committed to creating these. Because of this reason, there has been a significant increase in capital flow as well as support from the governing bodies. The main reasons for the significant growth in bioscience pharmaceutical companies have been the aging population and heart-related diseases. International bodies are going out of their way to support the top pharmaceutical companies in an effort to counter the deadliest diseases.
Top pharmaceutical companies that are committed to developing cancer therapies:
- Celgene: Founded in 1986, this internationally-known pharmaceutical company, headquartered in New Jersey, has many subsidiaries. It specializes in producing immunology and cancer medications. It is focused on the development, discovery, and commercialization of new therapies for cancer treatment.
- Novartis: Created in 1996 in Basel Switzerland, it is into making medicines, diagnostics, and vaccines, etc. Novartis has been committed to redesigning medicines to increase our life span. It is one of the most trusted names amongst pharmaceutical companies because it incorporates the latest digital technologies and innovative scientific solutions.
- Roche: This healthcare firm was founded in 1896 and headquartered in Basel, Switzerland. It has many subsidiaries too like Roche Diagnostics, Genetech, Chugai Pharmaceutical, etc. It has been a leader in diagnostics and pharmaceuticals with an aim to improve our lives.
- Bristol Myers Squibb: Headquartered currently in New York, this pharmaceutical company has been involved in designing, developing, inventing, and delivering drugs to people suffering from critical illnesses. It has achieved much success in making drugs for cardiovascular diseases, fibrosis, and oncology.
- Merck: This is essentially a science-and-technology firm which was founded in 1668. With its headquarters in Darmstadt in Germany, it oversees 250 companies. It is one of the leading biopharmaceutical firms in the world which is a pioneer in research.
- Johnson & Johnson: Founded in 1886, Johnson & Johnson is one of the most well-known names in the pharmaceutical world with its base at New Brunswick in New Jersey. It creates medical equipment, consumer goods, and pharmaceutical medicines. This firm has started a new dedicated department for creating solutions for fighting cancers. This is why it is one of the top contenders under the oncology pharmaceutical companies’ category.
- Pfizer: This bio-tech corporation was created in 1849 and its headquarters are in New York. They are committed to enhancing our quality of life and work with reputed medical institutions to create effective drugs for the purpose. It is committed to eliminating threats of the most dreaded infections and diseases.
- AstraZeneca: Everyone knows this company name because of the recent Covid vaccines. It has been a leading pharmaceutical and biotech company with headquarters in Cambridge, UK. It seeks to advance and commercialize prescribed drugs. It has been consistently involved in making groundbreaking prescriptions and exploited science to come up with cures against the most acute illnesses.